• Some businesses (EPS, Glass, Cardboard) need peak steam loads that are three to four times the average loads. This peak load requirement takes a few minutes.
• Selecting the boiler at large capacity to meet these intense loads means both initial investment cost and more energy costs than normal loads for most enterprises.
• Boilers can meet fluctuations in steam demand to some extent. Energy is stored in boilers in the form of hot water at saturated temperature.
If the steam demand of the process suddenly increases, the pressure in the boiler drops. Steam storage tank meets high steam demand.
STEAM ACCUMULATOR TANK
• The steam accumulation tank is produced in the desired pressure, either flat or vertical cylindrical, with dome head and insulated. They are shipped with operating and safety equipment.
• Accumulation tank body
• Steam inlet valve
• Air valve
• Steam inlet check valve
• Steam outlet valve
• Steam outlet check valve
• By-pass valve
• Control valve inlet and outlet valves
• Control valve inlet strainer
• Water inlet valve
• Bottom Bluff valve
• Water level indicator and blowdown valve
• Safety valve
• Provides steam balance against fast loads
• Optimum selection of steam boiler capacity
• Reduced water supply to the steam boiler
• Steam boiler runs less.
• It provides fuel saving and energy saving